Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Waiting Game

The queries are out.
Gotten a few nibbles.
Now... I wait.
...and wait.

It's torture. Especially when you've got a partial or two out there and all you can do is sit and gnaw your nails with impatience while the Powers That Be hem and haw over life's work.

So, in the meantime, I try to distract myself with these things:

They say it's one of the best. I read Bell's Revision and Self-Editing and emptied my highlighter onto its pages, so when I found his other book for 5 buck in an antique store I decided to go for it.

I saw this (same antique store, yeah) and thought "Hey! That's perfect!" Until I found the page that had to explain what an email was. My heart dropping, I flipped back to the front and found it was published in 1997. :( Normally not a problem, but then on the next page I was advised to never, NEVER send an email query to an agent. Huh? (O.o)7 Because, nowadays, most agents prefer email queries. *sigh* I guess this book will go on that bottom corner of the bookshelf I never look at again. :-/

Because, honestly, is there a better way to spend your time? 
I submit there is not.



2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, so I'm awarding you with the Versatile Blogger Award :)

    Here are the rules for accepting this award:

    * Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their site in your original post.
    * Tell us seven things about yourself.
    * Pass along the award to five newly discovered bloggers.
    * Contact these bloggers and let them know they got this award.

    It’s as simple as that. Hope you accept!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 1 year I have being into HERPES since 1 year, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Yakubu , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR yakubu , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. if you need his cured just email him now on dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. Yakubu . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2348057353647...
    Dr.yakubu 하나님은 내 삶을 회복시켜 주신 것에 대한 축복을 계속할 것입니다. 나는 사람들에게 증거를 계속 나눌 것입니다.

    ReplyDelete